Saturday, November 27, 2010

Easy Macaroni & Cheese

This is my favorite recipe for macaroni and cheese by far...and the simplest!  With only 5 ingredients, low fat milk, and no butter what's not to like??  I have tried a zillion macaroni and cheese recipes.  I usually gravitate towards ones that are baked, but this was so delicious and creamy, I loved it just the way it was.  You could always bake it if you would prefer it that way.

Easy Macaroni & Cheese recipe from Cate's World Kitchen
2 cups of dried pasta (I used penne, but you could use elbows, bowties, etc.)
2 cups of 2% milk
1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
1 tsp. dijon mustard
1tsp. salt

Bring the pasta and mik to a simmer on low heat.  Cook on low for around 15-20 minutes, until pasta is tender.  Make sure you stir very frequently, so the milk does not stick to the pan.  Remove from heat.  Stir in salt, dijon, and cheese. 

No comments:

Post a Comment