Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Mom's Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

Can you believe this is my first post in 2011??  It's now July!  I am officially a slacker. 
My mom's oatmeal raisin cookies were an old standby in my childhood.  I could eat them for every meal.They have oatmeal in them, so they are suitable for breakfast, right?

Mom's Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
Preheat oven to 350.

Dry Ingredients-
2 cups flour
1/2 tsp. each baking soda, baking powder, salt
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon
2 cup old fashion oats
1 cup each, walnuts, raisins, chocolate chips

Add to dry ingredients:
1 cup melted butter (Wait until it cools a little and don't pour directly over the chocolate chips, like I did!)
3 lg eggs
1 tsp. vanilla

Mix well and use a tablespoon to drop onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 for around 15-18 min.  Bake only until very lightly brown.
Bake longer for harder cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment